musicpd segfaults on run - was advised that it's an issue with the system

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:31:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 11:06 -0600, Ross Penner wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 4:40 AM, Tom Evans <tevans.uk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  musicpd doesn't really like playing with libthr. I find remapping libthr
> >  using /etc/libmap.conf is an adequate workaround on 7.0.
> >
> >  [/usr/local/bin/mpd]
> >  libthr.so.3             libpthread.so.2
> >
> >  FYI, with this setup, mpd plays nicely with icecast on 7.0
> >
> >  Tom
> >

> I'm trying this and I'm getting a problem with libmap.
>
> rosbox# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/musicpd start
> Starting musicpd.
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libpthread.so.2: version FBSD_1.0 required
> by /usr/local/bin/mpd not found
>
> I'm not sure how to proceed to fix this problem.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Ross

Ah lovely, I guess this is non-supported behaviour I am relying on! I'm
still running 7.0-PRERELEASE, having tracked CURRENT and RELENG_7 since
it's branch, so it is possible this library is different on my system
than it is supposed to be -or possibly vice versa -
my /lib/libpthread.so.2 certainly does have version FBSD_1.0 (tested
with the ever reliable strings and grep..).

Can anyone advise here? Who has the wrong libs? :)

Tom