BTX on USB pen drive

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sun Mar 9 12:17:36 UTC 2008

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:44:50 -0800
Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at freebsd.org> wrote:

> To quote lolcats: "yr doin it wrong".

Thanks for confirming that. :-)

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html

Well, I followed the right steps to rebuild the boot blocks, installed
them and verfifie that they did work on the machine tha can boot from
usb without problems.

Unfortunately, that Acer laptop still have the same problems:
I get the F1, F2 menu, and as soon as I press F1 or F2, the screen
starts scrolling register dumps forever.

> Your boot0cfg line to reinstall the boot0 MBR looks fine, but I don't
> use boot0 myself (I prefer to go right into boot2/loader).

I'll try that one as well, but I don't have high hopes of success now.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen