BTX on USB pen drive

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sat Mar 8 21:29:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 16:11:54 -0500
John Nielsen <lists at jnielsen.net> wrote:

> Success! I was able to boot my laptop from my USB stick built with
> the btx_real patch (after I modified hunk 1 to work with the 7-STABLE
> sources). Using the same stick on a different (Acer) laptop I was

Interesting. Which Acer model is that?
The laptop I have troubles booting from usb is an Acer Aspire 5672.
I boot from an usb hard drive, not a memory stick, but that shouldn't
make a matter, right?

> able to get farther in the boot than previously--it won't even boot
> from a standard CD, but with the stick it got to the menu (and THEN
> did a btx register dump, but it didn't loop/scroll).
>
> In case anyone (like Torfinn) is interested, I'm attaching my
> modified patch. If you already applied jhb's patch then you should be
> able to just cut out the first hunk from mine and apply it.

Thanks.
I already used the latest revision (1.45) of btx.S and applied jhb's
patch to that. Unfortunately, it didn't work. See another message in
this thread. Am I correct in thinking that your modified patch wouldn't
help me?
--
Regards,
Torfinn