INET6 required for SCTP in 7.0?

Randall Stewart rrs at cisco.com
Thu Mar 6 16:34:52 UTC 2008

Robert/All:

One of  my colleagues has been working on this  in the background.
Its not so much as a design choice that has haunted us for
many years now. The stack originally  was written for KAME and
as morphed over time.. this is just one thing we have not fixed.

Its in process.. I will check with Michael and see what h is status
is on it..

Thanks

Robert Watson wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Vadim Goncharov wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 16:50:33 -0800; Xin LI wrote about 'Re: INET6
>> required for SCTP in 7.0?':

>>> Yes, INET6 is (currently) required if you enable SCTP.
>>
>> Will it be fixed? Any time soon?
>
> It's considered a bug, and hopefully it will be fixed by the SCTP
> maintainers soon.  However, they've been fairly busy with another
> project so I'm not sure there's a specific timeline.  I would like to
> see it fixed by 7.1.
>
> Robert N M Watson
> Computer Laboratory
> University of Cambridge