Could Not open some sites from Windows Vista and Server 2008 when using FreeBSD as gw

Dennis Melentyev dennis.melentyev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:08:10 UTC 2008

Hi!

Well, I'm not a PF professional, and you have rather advanced setup.
So, someone with good PF experience is needed here.

2008/3/5, Владислав Недосекин <mr.vladis at gmail.com>:
> Hi, i understand that there is too little facts to analyze, but maybe some
> one have the same problem and also i can provide you information.
> TCP dump 192.168.200.11 - ip of PC with vista
>  # tcpdump | grep 192.168.200.11
> tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
>  listening on ste0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes
> ^C^C^C^C3 packets captured
>  433 packets received by filter
> 0 packets dropped by kernel
> # tcpdump | grep 192.168.200.111
>  tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
> listening on ste0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes
> 13:51:47.676471 arp who-has 192.168.200.200 (00:1d:60:ce:74:e8 (oui
> Unknown)) tell 192.168.200.111

What's that?

> PF.CONF

> #       Block Policy
> block in log all
> block in log quick from no-route to any
> block in log quick on $ext_if from <rfc1918>
>  block return-icmp out log quick on $ext_if to <rfc1918>
> antispoof quick for $int_if
> antispoof quick for $ext_if
> block out from 192.168.0.146 to any

Does log shows anything interesting? I mean dropped packets.

What about SQUID's log? Some special auth? Client's insisting on
HTTP/1.1? Some glitches with transparent proxying (if I get it right
from your PF config)?

> i've tried
>  sysctl net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0
> but it does't help.
>
> And about ip6 it is disabled, but in enabled state it does't help.

Dropped by PF?

--
Dennis Melentyev