Management interface for cards powered by the "mfi" driver?

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Wed Jun 18 14:07:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

Ruben van Staveren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 18 Jun 2008, at 12:29, Stefan Lambrev wrote:
>
>> Did you follow all steps from ports/sysutils/linux-megacli/pkg-message ?
>> Though I think there is a small bug in the port (maintainer CCed)
>> It wants compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.12, but I think it should be
>> compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16 ?
>
> Last time I checked it was still 2.6.12. it still is set to that value
> on our 2950's (running 6.2 and linux_base-fc-4_9)
I never saw 2.6.12 in documentation, but you may be right. Tough in
ports/UPDATING only 2.6.16 is mention.
http://blogs.freebsdish.org/netchild/category/freebsd/linuxolator/
speaks also only for 2.6.16 :)

>> Just for reference I installed it with OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8
>> I think you are confusing mega-cli with megamgr (which is the one
>> that work with amr driver)
>
> People should only realise that they are running a linux binary under
> emulation in order to manage their mission critical servers. It is a
> thing you might not like.
It has been always this way with lsi ? Actually the difference now is
that we are forced to use tools under beta/experimental linuxolator ;)

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev