Lenovo Thinkpad t61p and FreeBSD?

nlaroche at vt.edu nlaroche at vt.edu
Wed Jun 4 12:34:45 UTC 2008

Quoting Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at FreeBSD.org>:
> Based on my experiences with my workplace-provided T60p, it's safe to
> say I'll never recommend a Lenovo product.  The temperatures of these
> laptops are absolutely insane, supported by an incredibly loud fan.  I'm
> not interested in a product that can have a GPU reaching temperatures of
> almost 70C **while idling**.

I purchased a T60p about two months ago and I haven't had any of these happen
(yet?) running Ubuntu 7.10. The machine only gets slightly warm to the touch
after a few hours idling.

Does your fan run all the time that loud? I'm wondering if there were changes
made at the factory to fix this type of problem if it was wide spread.

Regards,
Nick LaRoche