6.X potentially has messed up sk0

Clint Olsen clint.olsen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 03:57:57 UTC 2008

Hi:

Since upgrading from 5.4-STABLE to 6.2-RELEASE and now 6.3-STABLE, I've
noticed that occasionally sk0 goes weird.  I don't quite get it.  I was
able to connect to it via my local network, but routes to my WAN were
completely hosed.  So, the machine becomes unable to ping or contact
anything that crosses 192.168.1.X.  Taking down the interface and bringing
it back up via ifconfig fixed it.  However, I've seen other cases where the
machine can eventually get wedged to the point that nothing can bring it
back to life.

So, the question is, how can I provide the FreeBSD team something tangible
in the way of logs or debug information to prove this is a bug?

Thanks,

-Clint