Upcoming ABI Breakage in RELENG_7

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Wed Jul 30 11:03:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:02:52 +0200, Heiko Wundram
<modelnine at modelnine.org> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 30. Juli 2008 13:11:31 schrieb David Southwell:
>> i.e. Circumstances and what commands to apply in those circumstances?
>
> If you don't know what to do, don't run -STABLE?

I think in this case (the ABI breakage) it is more nice to say: "If you
don't know what to do, you wil probably not see any problem because of
this."
The edge case of what can go wrong is so small, that you must be doing
quite specialized stuff to see breakage. In that case you would understand
what is going on. (IMHO)

Ronald.