HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop wont boot off install cd

Kevin K kkutzko at teksavvy.com
Mon Jul 21 12:27:25 UTC 2008

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:31:37 -0400
> Kevin K <kkutzko at teksavvy.com> wrote:
>
> > For 7.0-RELEASE, it
> > seemed to hang at "Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0".
>
> How long did you wait? If you didn't wait 10 or 15 minutes, please do.
> Various tests / probes take a long time to time out on some hardware.
>
> HTH
> --
> Regards,
> Torfinn Ingolfsen

I tried the 7.0-release-amd64 200807 snapshot and it booted (after holding
the spacebar @ /boot/loader.conf). It stopped at Trying to mount root from
ufs:/dev/md0". I waited about 30-45 minutes and it didn't continue from that
point -- the keyboard was also unresponsive.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue?