Fresh 7.0 Install: Fatal Trap 12 panic when put under load

john at basicnets.co.uk john at basicnets.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 19:39:01 UTC 2008

   > OK, the first thing to do is disable bg fsck, then force a full fsck of
> all filesystems.  bg fsck does a poor job of fixing arbitrary
> filesystem corruption (it's not designed to do so, in fact), and you
> can get into a situation where corrupted filesystems cause further
> panics.

   Done, nothing really found wrong size in superblock which it corrected.

   > Removing KDB_UNATTENDED from your kernel will allow you to interact
> with the debugger and obtain backtraces etc, which is useful when dumps
> are not being saved.

   Easier said than done, this cause a few panics - no dumps though ...grrrr!!

   Still the same result ... the system seems to panic twice then
hang.  I will keep trying unless you have some other ideas??

   Thanks for your support

John