Konqueror and the Cookiejar

Paul Horechuk horechuk at csolve.net
Tue Jul 15 20:24:10 UTC 2008

Since upgrading to 7.0 Stable, I've noticed an occasional problem with
konqueror. I've been recompiling my ports for the past few weeks and have
noticed that some sites are complaining about cookies not being enabled.
Further investigation has revealed that if I start konqueror from the
terminal prompt, I can get an error message:
khtml (dom) Can't communicate with the cookiejar!

A workaround I've discovered is to run kded first. Konqueror works with
cookies after that.

Question:
What process is NOT running kded during the startx process? Where is there a
log to track this?

--
Paul Horechuk
      Think Free