BIND update?

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Thu Jul 10 10:29:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 03:17:26AM -0700, Xin LI wrote:
> Speaking as my own: Base system needs more conservative QA process,
> e.g. we want to minimize the change, we need to analyst the impact
> (FWIW the security fix would negatively affect heavy traffic sites)
> and document it (i.e. the security advisory), and we want to make the
> change a one-time one (for instance, shall we patch libc's resolver as
> well?), so rushing into a "presumably patched" state would not be a
> very good solution.

I understand the reasons and that surely needs to be taken into account.
Does that imply that the FreeBSD project got the information later than
f.e. M$ or Debian, who are usually not really known for coming up too
fast with such fixes?

- Olli

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |