Makefile in FreeBSD 7.0 Stable

norwoh at comcast.net norwoh at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 19:20:53 UTC 2008

From: Kris Kennaway <kris at FreeBSD.org>
> norwoh at comcast.net wrote:
> > I have a fresh install of FreeBSD 7.0 but it it seems several system related
> modules are broken. One I would like to have a solution on urgently is the
> "Makefile". I am not able to compile or install any program with it. The errors
> are too many no matter which application I try to install from ports collection.
> I have not built a custom kernel yet. The behavior of Makefile worries me more
> than anything at the moment.
> >
> > pkg_ add is minimally working itself. I am also noticing that quite many
> apllications in the port collection are bad. Any idea for me to get started?
>
> You'll have to start by showing us exactly what you are doing, and what
> is going wrong.

Thanks ... say you have a package:
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/usermin
  In this folder you have Makefile, distinfo, files, pkg-descr, pkg-message, and pkg-plist
The issue the command while in this folder:
                                           perl Makefile
voila,, you get:

Semicolon seems to be missing at Makefile line 9
Bareword found where operator expected at Makefile line 11 .near "/www" [Missing operator before www?]
syntax erro at Makefile line 10
Execution of Makefile aborted due to Compilation errors.

And many more of these errors for each and every file/application I try to install.

Thanks,

SJK

Saffa