no serial console for ttyd0 HP Blade

Marian Hettwer mh at kernel32.de
Wed Jul 2 08:05:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 00:16:41 -0700, Jo Rhett <jrhett at netconsonance.com>
wrote:
> I'll bet you that sio is deciding that com1 or not, it's sio1 (not
> sio0) which can be fixed with the changes I mention below.

puuuh, well, with your suggested change, I do get a login prompt now (at
ttyd1 it says), but I don't see any bootup messages anymore.
It seems that the sio0 is irq 4 while booting and becomes irq3 later.
That's odd.
If I remember correctly, one was able to configure the mapping of serial
ports in the BIOS (in regards to those HP blades). Perhaps that helps.
I'll give it a shot and if I found a way to have boot messages and the
login getty, I'll drop a [solved] mail to this list.
Anyway, thanks all so far :-)

regards,
Marian