Unable to boot without VGA-card

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 29 22:00:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 09:00:04PM +0100, Mark Reidel wrote:
> Does anybody have any idea what else I could try?

Is it possible for you to put the machine up on serial console somehow?
This might permit you to see where the problem is occurring.

Assuming you're using the FreeBSD boot straps, put the string "-Dh" in
/boot.config, then reboot the box.  Have another machine attached to the
FreeBSD machine's COM1 port, set to 9600bps 8N1, and see what happens.