[kgdb] There is no member named pathname

pluknet pluknet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 22:56:34 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've updated to the recent RELENG_7 as of 2008/02/28
to try the new kld-add feature in kgdb, among other things
(yes, i do debug kernel modules).

However, now I get an error message;
also I'm unable to use the add-kld command.

For example:
# kgdb -q /boot/kernel/kernel /dev/mem
[GDB will not be able to debug user-mode threads:
/usr/lib/libthread_db.so: Undefined symbol "ps_pglobal_lookup"]
There is no member named pathname.
^^^^
(kgdb) add-kld whatever
Undefined command: "add-kld".  Try "help".

I tried to add missing .symbols data as I did before and as described
in developer's handbook, but that doesn't work anymore.
[to be honest, I only tried it once, and I hope I didn't mix up
the numbers in addresses. It's hard to do, though]

 $FreeBSD: src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/kgdb/kld.c,v 1.6.2.1 2008/02/25
22:19:56 jhb Exp $

wbr,
pluknet