make KNOBS

Chris H. chris# at 1command.com
Tue Feb 26 11:56:32 UTC 2008

Quoting Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 09:55:22PM -0800, Chris H. wrote:
>> Is there, or does anyone maintain a KNOBS list possibly categorized
>> by application/port/version, etc...?
>
> ports/KNOBS?
Yes. I have been aware of that file since it has been available in the
ports dir. But I can't help but notice the omission of, for example:
the mention of:
APACHE2    Use www/apache2 port
doesn't mention a pointer to MK/bsd.apache.mk which holds many of the
"tunables" available for the Apache1.3 || 2.0 || 2.2 ports.

Perhaps my post wasn't as concise as it might have been. But my
goal was to find an efficient, consistent, and not /too/ laborious
method of discovering all the options for a given port, and when in
doubt; /what/ the particular option provides -
eg; WITH_<this>, or WITHOUT_<that>.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

--Chris H

--