packet loss with re(4)

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Tue Feb 26 01:24:18 UTC 2008

> I couldn't see anyone lese in this thread whos name starts with Tor...
> so I guess you were adressing me.

Ah, yes, sorry, not quite sure how I lost the end of your name there!

> I used this patch http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/re.HEAD.patch
> and it worled well for me.

Thanks for this, have just downloaded it and patched my files and
compared them to the other new ones to see the differnces - which has
convinced me that I am probably O.K. to go with the new ones directly.
Am about to do that and see how it goes.

> Without this patch, my machine would lose connectivity when network
> traffic increased (for ecxample transferring a large file). with this
> patch - no problems.

It was your comments which made me concerned about if_re in the first
place, which was a useful warning. I have something in place now to
detect network connectivity every six hours and to reboot the machine
if it looks like the network is down, so that should hopefully prevent
me losing access.

cheers,

-pete.