serious problem with if_rum

Oliver Herold oliver at akephalos.de
Fri Feb 22 13:46:46 UTC 2008

Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 12:41 +0100, Oliver Herold wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > there is some serious problem with driver if_rum. Maybe there is some work arround
> > I'm not aware of, but sacrificing encryption isn't an adequate path and to some
> > degree impossible in different places. I did send the first PR from the urls below.
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=120966
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=usb/120873
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=usb/119945
>
> Does the suggested change in the third PR help?  Also, can you recompile
> your kernel with options GDB and KDB, and when it panics type "bt" at
> the debugger prompt?
>
> Gavin

Hi I tried it with the kernel options but to no avail, I couldn't enter anything. Furthermore
I tried the patch (deleting of the specified line) but again to no avail, this time there was no
kernel panic, but a hard reset. Last not least there is a massive performance drop before the panic/reset.
I could test it with another nic (Atheros) at my second machine (same time, same server), so there isn't
any problem with the server or the router.

Oliver
--
I have hardly ever known a mathematician who was capable of reasoning.
		-- Plato