Multiple key presses are hindered when repeat turned off

Joe Peterson joe at skyrush.com
Tue Feb 19 19:44:59 UTC 2008

I have verified this on two machines, but it would be helpful if others
out there can reproduce it too.  Also, I do not know if it is Xorg or
the FreeBSD keyboard drivers, since I see no way to reproduce on the
console (i.e. turn off repeat).

In an xterm, type: "xset r off".  Then try some multiple-key
combinations (i.e. keep holding first key(s) when you type the next one):

po (o does not appear)
lk (k does not appear)
grep (e does not appear)

When you release the keys, the press events will show up.

Keyboards in general have limited multiple-key (rollover) capabilities,
but using "xset r off" reduces these to the point that you will often
mistype things, and it seems unique to FreeBSD.  I am using 7.0-RC2 at
the moment.

					Thanks, Joe