local periodic executed twice

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Tue Feb 19 10:01:45 UTC 2008

Hello Nicki and FreeBSD friends,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 09:54:50AM +0200, Nicki de Wet wrote:
> I found a solution for the local periodic scripts that is executed twice.
> Various pages on the net suggested putting
> local_periodic="/usr/local/etc/periodic"  in /etc/rc.conf.
>
> This did not work, I found the solution to be to put it in
> /etc/periodic.conf.local.
>
> Regards,
> Nicki

Sorry I missed the e-mail thread completely, but I want to add the
following:

koko ~>cat /etc/periodic.conf
# added by mergebase.sh
local_periodic="/usr/local/etc/periodic"

So there is a file in /etc, called periodic.conf with the statement:
local_periodic="/usr/local/etc/periodic"

So why do you use /etc/periodic.conf.local? Is periodic.conf.local not
touched by a possible FreeBSD upgrade? Is
local_periodic="/usr/local/etc/periodic" not the default?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy