broken buildkernel (scsi_low and -Os) and duplicate manpages

Christian Brueffer brueffer at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 13 10:22:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:15:29AM +0200, David Naylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Building the kernel with CFLAGS=-Os breaks when compiling module
> scsi_low.  Sorry no output available.
>
> Placing CFLAGS+= -O in the Makefile fixes the problem.  Last build
> with -O2 did work (for everything, world, kernel and ports).
>
> >From my research it appears the -Os produces code faster than -O2 and
> generally slower than -O3 but the smallest binary (and quicker compile
> times), does anyone have a better understanding of such things
> (performance and -O? flags).
>
> When doing an installworld DEST=? it fails twice when trying to
> install duplicate man pages:
> 1) lib/ncurses/ncurses: tputs.3
> 2) share/man/man9: rman_fini.9

The rman_fini.9 one was a mistake, I've just fixed it.  Thanks!  rafan@
(CCed) did the last few ncurses updates.  Rong-En, could you take a look
at the tputs.3 issue?

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org