Reconstruct disklabel for UFS and GELI volumes

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Feb 7 05:56:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 01:05:02 +0100
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:

> Take it slowly, and double check all steps before comitting anything.

depending on how valuable your data is, you may want to test any changes first (or at least make a backup of the raw disk...)

I would try to do a raw dump of the data into a file (using dd) and mount this as a md device . Then play to your hearts contents getting the data back.... once u have done that, u can either start from scratch on the original disk and dump the data back into it from the image, or repeat the steps on the real disk [tm].

good luck!

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Everything is interesting if you go into it deeply enough"
  Richard Feynman