fusefs-ntfs makes fatal trap/page fault in FreeBSD-7.0

Zaphod Beeblebrox zbeeble at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 06:57:05 UTC 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 10:31 PM, Ganbold <ganbold at micom.mng.net> wrote:

> I'm having trouble mounting external NTFS hard drive using fusefs-ntfs
> port on Dell Latitude D620.

I havn't seen this specific problem, but on my Dell XPS 1730
(core-2-duo-extreme) The NTFS-3g mounts doen't seem to shutdown properly.
That is: many of the writes are uncommitted and the filesystem needs a check
and often information is lost ... unless I unmount the filesystems before
shutdown.

UFS and ZFS partitions seem to shutdown just fine.  I've never had a problem
with FAT-32 partitions, either, but the ntfs-3g is problematic somehow.

According to the rc.d scrpt for fuse, it should be unmounting all the
partitions before shutdown --- and I think that script even runs (when I
shutdown from a non-X environment, I see it's output).  But several times,
shutting down from X (so I don't see the output of shutdown scripts), I've
ended up with corrupt ntfs partitions.