Crashing repeatedly: 6.2-RELEASE-p5 and MySQL 5.0.41

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 4 15:04:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 02:50:09PM +0000, Primeroz lists wrote:
> Just wanted to point out that anyway our crash is a Kernel panic crash and
> not a Mysqld crash.

But the process that's inducing the panic *every time* is mysqld; this
you've already confirmed.  To me this means that mysqld is responsible
for tickling some sort of condition that causes a panic; it could be the
fault of mysqld or it could be the fault of FreeBSD.

> Platform is AMD64 so , i'm don't think it can be a problem of process size :
>
> > $  sudo -u mysql limits
> Resource limits (current):
>   cputime          infinity secs
>   filesize         infinity kB
>   datasize         33554432 kB
This is interesting, since your machine only has 8GB of RAM.  I am not
familiar with the amd64 platform, so it's possible that kern.maxdsiz
and kern.dfldsiz get set to something completely different than what I'm
used to seeing on i386.