Possible ZFS patch, please test!

Henri Hennebert hlh at restart.be
Sat Aug 30 08:51:59 UTC 2008

John Birrell wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 10:40:12AM +0200, Henri Hennebert wrote:
>>> I believe that the buildworld that you have is OK, even when built with the
>>> CTF data.... it's the installworld when things go bad.
>>>
>>> Do you need me to send you any files to recover from this problem?
>> No problem, I have access to a previous 7.0-STABLE.
>
> I am concerned about the high CPU problem. All the hooks that are built in
> with KDTRACE_HOOKS are inactive until the DTrace modules are loaded. So there
> should be no CPU implications there.
>
> Are you using i3886 or amd64?

It is i386:

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5130  @ 2.00GHz (1995.01-MHz
686-class CPU)
   Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x6f6  Stepping = 6

Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
   Features2=0x4e33d<SSE3,RSVD2,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA>
   AMD Features=0x20100000<NX,LM>
   AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
   Cores per package: 2
real memory  = 2146369536 (2046 MB)