sun4v arch

Kip Macy kmacy at freebsd.org
Sun Aug 24 04:39:35 UTC 2008

Hi Peter,

There really isn't any magic to bringing up a port. You compile it,
install it, and then run it until it breaks. Once it breaks you spend
a lot of time instrumenting the code to track down what went wrong.
Then, depending on the amount of technical insight you have in to the
issue, you go through a number of iterations until it is fixed. Fixing
the pmap issue is "just" (notice the quotes) a matter of tracking down
the missing TLB shootdowns. For anyone who chooses pick this up it
will be very educational. It will also be very time consuming.

-Kip