Wireless net Card

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 16 15:47:16 UTC 2008

2008/8/11 Warren Liddell <shinjii at maydias.com>:
>> Which Belkin wireless card do you have? Which arch are you running
>> (i386/amd64)?
>>
>> I had horrific trouble with a Belkin on the Realtek chipset, played up
>> with Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Fedora, even Windows!
>>
>> Trouble with Belkin is, you never know what you're getting. You need
>> the revision number of the card, and then find out which chipset it
>> is. Make sure the drivers you downloaded are for that exact revision.
>>
>> Hope you have more luck than I did, I tossed mine and bought a Ralink.
>>
>> Chris
>
> AMD64 Arch & ironically it worked beautifully for ages in windows, but i  got
> sick of windows having been used to FreeBSD, so i re-installed FreeBSD an
> using the onboard LAN card atm, but am wanting to goto wireless.
>

> none1 at pci0:3:5:0:       class=0x020000 card=0x700f1799 chip=0x700f1799
> rev=0x20 hdr=0x00
>    vendor     = 'Belkin Research and Development Labs'
>    class      = network
>    subclass   = ethernet
>

> Chipset is RT8185L an i used the ndisgen to create the .ko file, which is just
> over 572kb in size.
>
> ironically the 8180 works fine, but naturally wont do my wireless card.

This card I have also had problems with. It appears to be an 8185, but
nothing works with it. Even in Windows, unless you have the Belkin
drivers, it won't work properly.

I couldn't load the Windows driver with ndisgen either, and
ndiswrapper in Linux doesn't work either, nor does the Realtek Linux
driver.

--
R< $&h ! > $- ! $+	$@ $2 < @ $1 .UUCP. > (sendmail.cf)