umtxn and Apache 2.2

Borja Marcos BORJAMAR at SARENET.ES
Tue Aug 12 10:16:53 UTC 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 12:12 AM, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Borja Marcos wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm running a server with FreeBSD 7-STABLE as of August 8, Apache
>> 2.2 with mpm/worker and threads support, and PHP 5.2.6.
>> Everything works like a charm, but I see that Apache is leaking
>> processes that get stuck in umtxn state.
>
> I run Apache 2.2 with worker MPM but without mod_php (I use PHP as
> FastCGI) on many servers and I don't have such problems. Maybe it's
> PHP's fault? (I agree you need a trace with debugging symbols).

May me my fault. It's a system that I didn't use to administrate. I
upgraded it from 6.2-REL to 7-STABLE in place, and recompiled
packages. But there was a lot of litter. I'm just wondering if that
could be a problem.

Just in case I've done a thorough cleanup, recompiled needed ports,
and included debugging support in Apache. Let's see what happens.

And please accept my apologies if this  has been a silly false alarm :)

Thank you very much,

Borja.