Swapping boot disks and getting mountroot>

Lisa Besko besko at msu.edu
Wed Aug 6 18:03:16 UTC 2008

I have a system running FBSD 6.2 release (if I remember correctly) that
is running on a Sunfire X2100.  The disk boots fine there and I seem to
be able to move it to other X2100's.  The problem is that I need to move
it to a Sunfire X2200.  When I move it to the X2200 I get a mountroot>
prompt and the keyboard freezes up.

I notice that it finds the device ad4 but then it tries to mount root
from /dev/ad6s1a.  I've edited the fstab to have it look for ad4s1a but
it still won't boot.  Anyone have any pointers or ideas?

Thanks,

Lisa B.