Upcoming ABI Breakage in RELENG_7

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 01:21:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Matt wrote:
>>
>> Just updated to 7-STABLE last night and found that Truecrypt (which
>> uses a combination of fuse and mdconfig to mount its encrypted
>> volumes) is now completely unable to mount its encrypted volumes.
>> I've rebuilt fusefs-kmod and fusefs-libs as well as Truecrypt to no
>> avail.
>
> Silly question, but did you build AND install both a new world AND a new
> kernel before you rebuilt your ports?

Yes - full, clean (deleted /usr/obj/* before build) build on world +
kernel.  I've run it through a couple ktrace runs looking for obvious
problems, but haven't found anything that I can interpret yet.  It
appears the failures are triggering around some file-descriptor
errors, but nothing that makes any sense yet.  I'll look at things a
little closer when I get some more time - need to boot into a backup
copy of the 7-RELEASE system to get some baselines.

Matt