7.0-BETA1 freeze using portmaster

Robert Marella rmarella at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:01:22 PDT 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:16:09 -0700 (PDT)
Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Robert Marella wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 23:05:06 -0700 (PDT)
> > Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> >> src, ports, or both?

> Well, that's good news I suppose. Please install the latest (1.24)
> version of portmaster, and try again, with and without the -B flag
> and let me know how it goes.
>
> > Thank you for responding. Does this mean that I alone am
> > experiencing this problem?
>
> Yes.

It is looking like a hardware problem. I update portmaster to 1.24 and
it didn't help. When I tried with the -B option it froze in a different
place. I then csup the latest source rm'd /usr/obj and attempted a
buildworld.

Lo and behold it froze up. It has been very hot the last few days here
in Kona but all the fans seem to pulling good air. I am now running
memtest and will let you know what I find.

Thanks for your help

Robert