/usr/share/man/man8/MAKEDEV.8

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 29 12:27:33 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 03:24:47PM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2007-10-28 12:54, Andrew Lankford <lankfordandrew at charter.net> wrote:
> > Thbbt!  I'm reading the catman version of MAKEDEV.  Wish I could
> > disable  that "feature".  Oh well.  I'll delete it all and rebuild it
> > again if needed.  Thanks!
>
> Ah, that's it then :)
>
> My usual `installworld' steps include this too:
>
> 	# cd /usr/share/man
> 	# find cat[0-9] \! -type d -exec rm {} +

There's a periodic script (/etc/periodic/weekly/330.catman) which
rebuilds all the catman pages for you.  However, it makes an immense
mess of your weekly system mails due to all the manpage/nroff formatting
mistakes.  Have a look:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2007-May/040648.html