portupgrade error with 7.0-BETA1

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Mon Oct 29 12:00:09 PDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 11:38:26PM +0100, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Marc UBM Bocklet wrote:
> >On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:45:59 +0100
> >Marc "UBM" Bocklet <ubm at u-boot-man.de> wrote:

> >A tip from Diane Bruce (db at freebsd.org) did the trick:
> >
> >----
> >
> >This one bit me as well. It's an obsolete library (libthr) in the
> >binary, Recompile ruby18 and problem will go away.  You'll find other
> >programs will do this too, but a lot of them disapear after doing a
> >portupgrade.
> >
> >----
>
> ...which is a necessary part of any upgrade to a new branch.

Just to keep it clear. ;-) I always upgrade my portupgrade manually
after a branch, but his problems sounded like he had not. What I am
getting bit with are things like:

-rw-------  1 db  wheel  1056768 Oct 28 23:12 xfce4-mixer-plugin.core
-rw-------  1 db  wheel  1159168 Oct 28 23:12 xfdesktop.core
-rw-------  1 db  wheel  1024000 Oct 28 23:12 xfce-mcs-manager.core
-rw-------  1 db  wheel   978944 Oct 28 23:12 xscreensaver-gl-hel.core
-rw-------  1 db  wheel  1032192 Oct 28 23:03 xfce4-session.core

All due to obsolete libs. Since there was a gnome import lately, updating
now seemed a good idea.

> Kris

- Diane
--