MFC requests for 6.3

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Sun Oct 28 15:22:38 PDT 2007

I would like to request that some useful work on networking be MFCed from
-CURRENT to -STABLE in time for the release of FreeBSD 6.3. In particular,
I'd like to see some of the Netgraph nodes which are new or which have seen
extensive development brought in -- ng_nat and ng_car in particular. Bringing
in the latest version of ng_nat would allow more flexible in-kernel NAT,
while ng_car (which doesn't seem to be in 6-STABLE at all) would allow
burstable traffic shaping -- something that DUMMYNET doesn't have. The
latest version of mpd wouldn't be fully usable unless these and other
Netgraph code that was developed for it are there....

--Brett Glass