portupgrade error with 7.0-BETA1

Marc UBM Bocklet ubm at u-boot-man.de
Sun Oct 28 11:30:05 PDT 2007

Hiho! ;-)

I just upgraded my machine to:

FreeBSD blah.blah 7.0-BETA1 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1 #6: Thu Oct 25 19:43:35
CEST 2007

and then tried using portupgrade, which promptly fails with:

Fatal error 'Cannot allocate red zone for initial thread' at line 382
in file /usr/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_init.c (errno = 12)
Illegal instruction: 4 (core dumped)

(the red zone error ist repeated about 20 times).

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the upgrade. I tried
deinstalling / reinstalling portupgrade and I also tried
portupgrade-devel, but they both keep failing with the above error.
Googling didn't yield any results.
I've also installed the compat6x port and included COMPAT_FREEBSD6 in
my kernel, but that didn't help either.

Has anybody encountered this error before?

Thanks in advance!

Bye
Marc

--
"And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

W.B. Yeats, The Second Coming