7.0 BETA1 and Thinkpad T61p : Wireless misadventure

Yousif Hassan yousif at alumni.jmu.edu
Fri Oct 26 09:30:23 PDT 2007

> There are no FreeBSD drivers for the included intel 4965AG card.
> I've tried to use the ndiswrapper framework without success. The ndisgen wizard
> runs without issues, but kldloading the driver freezes and reboots the machine.

This occurs if the Windows driver contains function calls that have not
been implemented in the ndiswrapper framework.  Often, an older version
of the Windows driver solves the issue.  For Broadcom cards that use
bcmwl5.sys, kernel crash is a frequent problem if the newer drivers are
used, but the old drivers solve the issue.

I don't know if the card you mention would even work with ndis, but it's
a good first step that ndisgen wizard works.  Trying an older version of
the Windows driver *might* help, but only if this card is compatible
with ndis framework in the first place.

Good luck.