can I do 6.1-RELEASE to 6.2 via cvsup

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Oct 23 15:26:07 PDT 2007

> > Also, the list of things to do is a bit mis-ordered and truncated. The
> > official list is in /usr/src/UPDATING and reads:
> >
> >         <make sure you have good level 0 dumps>
> >         make buildworld
> >         make kernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE
> >                                                         [1]
> >         <reboot in single user>                         [3]
> >         mergemaster -p                                  [5]
> >         make installworld
> >         make delete-old
> >
> 	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Where in /usr/src/UPDATING is that command. I
> can't see it.
> >
> >         mergemaster                                     [4]
> >         <reboot>
>

> 		Thanks, Tuc

Sorry. It is there on my 6-Stable system, but it looks like it is not in 6.2-Release.It's been in HEAD for over 2 years.

I am a bit confused,though. I see my 6.2-Stable has src/UPDATING,v 1.416.2.35, but I can't find that version in CVS. I see only one commit, 1.416, in RELENG_6 and I know that it has had more commits since then.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)