rpc.statd--256M okay, but 1G?

Christopher Chen muffaleta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:34:41 PDT 2007

Is there a simple and easy reason why rpc.statd would mmap 1G? I've
read the FAQ and understand why it would allocate 256M, but this one
shows 1G--file.c in /usr/src/usr.sbin/rpc.statd is still set to
allocate 256M, btw.

This is a 6.2 machine on i386, with 4G RAM, but PAE is not enabled.
That's what I would assume, that if PAE was enabled, it may change the
characteristics of that mmap (but even then, the address space of each
process would be the same...)

The machine is a nfs client, has no exports, and has two mounts.

Any quick thoughts?

--
Chris Chen <muffaleta at gmail.com>
"I want the kind of six pack you can't drink."