Reproducable, possibly NFS related, fatal double fault in 6.2-R-p7

Bengt Ahlgren bengta at sics.se
Wed Oct 17 01:57:51 PDT 2007

Esa Karkkainen <ejk at iki.fi> writes:

> On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 02:37:23PM +0200, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> Esa Karkkainen wrote:
>> >	I get "Fatal double fault" error when writing to a filesystem
>> >mounted from NFS server.
>
> I got an offlist reply in which he suggested that the problem might be
> in nve driver.

That was me.  I indeed got the same fault when running NFS over nve.
Switching to nfe solved the problem for me.  The on-screen backtrace
reveals the true location of the problem.  See:

http://www.sics.se/~bengta/FBSD/DSC00585.JPG

I do have a dump, but for some reason kgdb is not able to show the
same information.

Regards,

Bengt