Reproducable, possibly NFS related, fatal double fault in 6.2-R-p7

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 16 11:36:26 PDT 2007

Esa Karkkainen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 02:33:49AM +0200, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> Esa Karkkainen wrote:
>>> This machine has two 512MB DDR333 DIMM's.
>>>
>>> I installed sysutils/memtest and ran three simultaneously, first two
>>> allocated 326 MB each and last one allocated 150 MB of memory, so I'd
>>> start to swap. No errors.
>> Well, as you say, such a limited test doesn't mean much.  Anyway, it may
>> well have been nve, so see how you go without it.
>
> I downloaded Memtest86+ version 1.70 iso image, burned image to a CD,
> booted from the CD and then I let memtest running for sixteen hours.
>
> Memtest did not find any errors during that time.

OK, higher probability that it is OK, but some memory errors are highly
pattern dependent :)  Physically replacing the RAM is the only way to be
sure when there are lingering problems.

Anyway, probably no need to worry about it unless you have further issues.

Kris