usb stick problem

Zoran Kolic zoran at fooboo.org
Mon Oct 15 09:44:34 PDT 2007

> From: Alson van der Meulen <alson+ml at alm.flutnet.org>
> This sounds like the documented behavior if the drive was empty or had
> no long filenames when you mounted it. From mount_msdosfs(8):
> "If neither -s nor -l are given, mount_msdosfs searches the root
> directory of the file system to be mounted for any existing
> Win'95 long filenames.  If no such entries are found, but short
> DOS filenames are found, -s is the default.  Otherwise -l is
> assumed."
> -o longnames should do the trick.

Thank you, Alson! Works!
I forgot how to handle ms things. Even worse, I contacted
shop technician and got an information that it was intended
to reformat as the very first. He said explicitely it was
fat16 formatted. What would you do in this situation? Go as
it is now or do something like (I've read manual finaly):
  newfs_msdos -F 32 /dev/da0
Best regards

				     Zoran