Heads UP - MFC for em coming shortly

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:36:41 PDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Mike Tancsa <mike at sentex.net> wrote:
> At 04:36 PM 10/8/2007, Jack Vogel wrote:
>
> >So the missed packets are only showing up on em2?
> Hi,
>
>          Yes, but thats where all the packets come in.
>
> >Uh, and that is a management-capable 82573, one that is often a
> >problem without the eeprom patched, did you do that sometime in
> >the past, I don't remember who did and who didnt :)
>
> No, I havent. Where do I find this program and how can I find out if
> I need it or not.  The box in question is about 100miles away and it
> would be handy to confirm its needed remotely

Search thru the archives of this mailing list, look for 82573. There is
a DOS patcher that I have sent out a couple times. Its harmless to
run it, if the adapter is wrong or it doesnt need the patch it should
tell you.

What it does it change a bit in the EEPROM programming of the
MANC register.

If you can't find it in the archives let me know and I'll send it
to you.

Jack