Amd64 Unstable Areca

Jan Mikkelsen janm at transactionware.com
Fri Mar 23 00:39:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

Phillip Neumann wrote:
> My amd64 box is not very stable.
> In its hardware list, you can see there is an areca 1210 card, wich
> suffer the errata of 6.2-release (high load crash)
>
> Last week or so, i saw a commit where the areca bugs were fixed, so i
> updated the system.
>
> I can still see the mashine crashing under load

How heavy is the load?  I can't make 6-STABLE crash, but I could make
6.2-RELEASE crash.  My guess is that you have filesystem corruption
introduced with the earlier driver which is now causing problems even
though the driver now works.

Have you done an fsck in single user mode, not a background fsck?

> sometimes (under load) i see this message:
> Interrupt storm detected on "swi2:"; throttling interrupt source

I see this too.  It seems to be benign.

Regards,

Jan Mikkelsen