any success with new sun "M2" product variant for X4100 and X2100

Andrew Reilly andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org
Tue Mar 13 11:41:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 10:45:15PM +0100, Jens Fallesen wrote:
> The primary NICs are Broadcom, the secondary ones are Nvidia as part of
> the chipset (FreeBSD does not recognise those).

I've been running the "nfe" driver with the "ciphy" patch for probably greater
than six months on my NVidia nForce4-based Athlon X2 system.  I don't understand
why it hasn't been rolled into -stable yet.  Admittedly I haven't tested nve for
a while, but the comment above doesn't instill confidence.  Without the ciphy
patch none of the drivers even detect carrier, which means that the base system
still doesn't include those bits...

Cheers,

--
Andrew