Firefox crashing after portupgrade 13 July

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Jul 20 06:46:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:27:25 -0500
Bruce Burden <brucegb at realtime.net> wrote:

> Problem: Firefox segmentation faults when using link encryption. This
>     happens on AMD64 and i386 versions (Opteron and P4 processors)
>     as well as Firefox 1.5, 2.0.0.3 and 2.0.0.4

Hi Bruce,

that's strange, ffox has been working fine here ...since 1.x . Have you completely uninstalled all Mozilla related packages before installing ffox?

are you using a clean profile? You can create a new profile with firefox -ProfileManager  .

Alternatively, if you attach ktrace the the firefox-bin before you click on the https link you may get something useful in the kdump.out file.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Too bad ignorance isn't painful."
  Don Lindsay