gmirror or ata problem

Alban Hertroys dalroi at solfertje.student.utwente.nl
Tue Jan 30 17:10:08 UTC 2007

On Jan 30, 2007, at 9:54, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is strange.  gmirror just detached one of its disks
> for no apparent reason.  I've built a mirror consisting of
> the components ad0 and ad1 (both SATA drives).  It has
> been running fine.  This is RELENG_6 from 2006-12-20.
>
> Yesterday evening ad1 was detached.  There is no other
> error message logged on console or in the logs (i.e. no
> I/O error such as a bad sector or anything).  There was
> no particularly high load at that time.  In fact, the
> machine had been under much higher load before, without
> anything bad happening.

I had unexplainable intermittent detaches until I replaced one of my
memory modules. Never happened since.

Admittedly I also had problems completing buildworld - that's why I
checked my memory modules in the first place.

--
Alban Hertroys

		"This person has performed an illegal operation,
		 and will be shot down."

!DSPAM:74,45bf76649345499641489!