diskless boot /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ scripts do not run, why?

Artem Kazakov kazakov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 06:01:37 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm using 6-stable on 4 amd64 machines. One of them has FreeBSD on its
HD and others are booted via network with PXE.
But I encounter that /usr/local/etc/rc.d/* are not executed during the
boot process?
Is there some kind of option to change this?
Or may be I misconfigured something ?
Also, I do  not see any messages on console after kernel is loaded into memory.
The next thing I see is login: prompt. How to turn on boot messages
for network booted machines.
I have to say that I use this loader.rc for network boot:
load /boot/kernel/kernel
echo \007\007
set console="vidconsole"
autoboot