impossible rc.d ordering problem with stf and pf ?

Bruce M. Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 28 12:32:39 UTC 2007

Pete French wrote:
> Am trying to solve a little problem with 'pf'. I have a ruleset which
> has some firewall rules for the IPv6 interface stf0. This works fine,
> except when I rreboot the machine, as the pf script is run before the
> network_ipv6 script - so stf0 does not exist. but I cannot work out
> how to arrange for stf0 to be created before the pf script is run - as
> network_ipv6 requires 'routing', but the pf script says it must be run
> before 'routing', if I am reading the 'REQUIRE' and 'BEFORE' lines
> correctly.

Just chiming in to confirm that this problem definitely exists.
I don't have a solution, however, my IPv6 tunnels at home have all
expired, so I may well get spare cycles to look at this the same time
that I get spare cycles to revive the tunnels.

BMS